hEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
VeyTech is committed to the principle that all work related injury and illness can be prevented and that the management of health and safety is an integral part of all our responsibilities. This will be achieved by:
• Our commitment to establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement aimed at elimination of work related injury and illness and to comply with relevant WHS legislation and other requirements placed upon the company from time to time.
• Our commitment to complying with all relevant legislation and regulation and to do this we will ensure that every one is responsible for working in a safe manner, following all safety rules, participating in safety training and communication meetings, and identifying and reporting all Health and Safety hazards.
• Establishing health and safety as an essential part of our culture and as a way of life, encouraging participation and consultation with all.
• Ensuring our systems and processes continue to deliver improvements in our health and safety performance
• Integrating the management of all health and safety risks into all our business processes by using risk management standard techniques.
• Managers and team members identifying and resolving together all health and safety issues as they arise.
• Training all team members to perform their work safely and supervising them appropriately to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety standards.
• Requiring that everyone will attempt or undertake work only when it is safe to do so. Anyone observing substandard, dangerous, unhealthy acts or conditions will take immediate action to implement temporary controls, within their scope of authority and to address the situation without delay.
• Maintaining an effective and positive injury management and Return to Work program, provide support and advice to all affected parties to ensure each is aware, respectful and where practicable accommodating of the others needs and limitations in returning to work after a work place injury. In addition to this we will provide counselling and support to employees via an independent Workplace Counselling provider.
We will also seek to achieve compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems standard (AS/NZS 4801).